Thomas T. Sekine
studied economics in Japan and in Canada before finishing his Ph.D. at the London School of Economics and Political Science. During his studies in Japan, he attended lectures of the famous economic theorist Kôzô Uno, who was professor at Tokyo university and whose theory created an own important academic school, the so-called Uno school. Sekine taught at York University in Canada and elsewhere in the West. After that he was Professor of Economics in the School of Commerce, Aichi Gakuin University in Japan. He has written on Marxian economic theory, method of economics, and current economic issues in Japan and the world, both in English and Japanese.
- “Uno-Riron: A Japanese Contribution to Marxian Political Economy”, in: Journal of Economic Literature 13 (1975), pp. 847–877.
- The Dialectic of Capital. A Study of the Inner Logic of Capitalism (1984/1986), 2 vols.
- An Outline of the Dialectic of Capital (1997), 2 vols.
- Towards a Critique of Bourgeois Economics (2013).
- Kôzô Uno: Principles of Political Economy. Theory of a Purely Capitalist Society (1980; first published in Japanese in 1964 as: Keizai Genron).
- Kôzô Uno: The Types of Economic Policies under Capitalism (2016, translation of the last – enlarged and revised – Japanese edition of 1971, reprinted in 1974 – without index – as vol. 7 of the Japanese Collected Works of Kôzô Uno; first published in Japanese in 1936 as: Keizai Seisakuron), available as hardcover [external link] and paperback [external link] edition.
- Interview with Thomas T. Sekine: Unoist Approach to New Economics
- Thomas T. Sekine: Marx’s Economics Revived. Introduction to Uno-Sekine Approach
- Ken Kubota: Philosophical Bibliography
- Ken Kubota: “Die dialektische Darstellung des allgemeinen Begriffs des Kapitals im Lichte der Philosophie Hegels. Zur logischen Analyse der politischen Ökonomie unter besonderer Berücksichtigung Adornos und der Forschungsergebnisse von Rubin, Backhaus, Reichelt, Uno und Sekine” (German)
List of Publications
Thomas T. Sekine